All fireworks are dangerous and illegal in the City of Montclair and its sphere of influence.

All fireworks are dangerous and illegal in the City of Montclair and its sphere of influence.

Examples of illegal fireworks include, but are not limited to, bottle rockets, firecrackers, torpedoes, roman candles, skyrockets, sparklers, piccolo petes, pagotas, fountains, pin wheels, and snakes, including those described as "safe and sane fireworks."

The City enforces a Zero Tolerance Fireworks Program (Ordinance No. 05-865); violators may be issued a fine up to $1,000.


In efforts to provide more testing opportunities for San Bernardino County residents, community testing events are being held throughout the county. At these testing events, samples are collected by inserting a swab up the nostril or into the mouth to the throat. These samples are then sent to a laboratory for COVID-19 testing. Events are free of charge and do not require health insurance.


On May 14, 2020, the County of San Bernardino launched the COVID-Compliant Business Partnership Program to support local small businesses and help ensure ongoing compliance with State and County health orders and direction.

For more information, visit:

Property Maintenance

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option


abandon houseAbandoned and Vacant properties allowed to remain in a state of disrepair sends a signal to the community that no one cares. Dilapidated conditions such as open and vacant structures, broken windows, overgrown vegetation, trash, junk, and debris, polluted pools, and graffiti not only contribute to declining property values but also to becoming an attractive nuisance for vagrants, criminals or immoral persons to resort thereto for the purpose of committing unlawful acts.



In an effort to prevent and/or deter these types of nuisance conditions from occurring in your neighborhood the City of Montclair has adopted the “Maintenance of Abandoned and Vacant Property Ordinance”. You can view the applicable City of Montclair Municipal Code requirements relating to this by clicking here.